The FDA recently announced two webinar classes.
- March 24th, 1:00-3:00pm EDT
This will be a presentation on
a) Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments, and
b) Calorie labeling of Articles of Food in Vending
The objectives will be
- Recall two of the criteria a restaurant or similar retail food establishment must meet to be covered by the menu labeling law.
- List the information is required to be included on the menu/menu board or for foods on display.
- Describe how covered establishments can determine their calorie content and how operators of vending machines can display calorie content.
- Monday, April 20th, 1:00-2:30pm
Presentation on Gluten-free. The objectives will be
- Describe the FDA definition of gluten-free
- Recall two requirements for a food labeled “gluten-free” to be marketed in the United States
- List the additional FDA suggested requirements for gluten-free labeling of hydrolyzed and fermented foods
For more information you can visit the information page from the FDA at: